Friday 17 October 2014

Didn't find her

                       I've got my mind made up



Today's book is looking for Alaska by John green(my sister got me this and I still blame her).Now people have had nothing but rave reviews about this and I do admit some people had a few objections to behold as well, but I rather not discuss about that and just stick to my perceptions. For me looking for alaska was not my cup of tea main reason being the ending didn't settle well with me nor does the main characters constant contradictions whether he should Choose alaska or the foreign exchange student.  Let me just point out that the ending is not happily ever after (I know what you're thinking ,she really needs to grow up and except the realities in this book) no I do not , why does this book have to be so closely related to apparent reality, in this day and age there's enough reality for us to handle , a book is the the only place you can get lost into any genre you want, there's no reason or logic involved. It's escape from reality and honestly that's what books are meant to be you're escape where all sense of logic disappears and you don't need an answer, sadly looking for alaska left more questions for me instead of understanding. 


                  Quotes

The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” 

“When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books.”



So we start with our main two characters first Miles halter a  tall ,skinny guy who moves to a boarding school to find "the great perhaps", and he's interested in famous people's last words (which as weird as it sounds is quite interesting) and ironically his pet name given by his friends at the boarding school is "pudge" if I had to describe miles in one word I'd definitely say indecisive. Moving on next is Alaska young she's  wild ,unpredictable, moody (that's just describing a normal chick during PMS) yes I just said that, and she's a huge prankster, plus she needs to tone down on the ciggy's she's barley 16. So our characters meet and behold the extras are included chip Martin he's alaska's best friend and coincidently miles roommate, next is Takumi Hikohito friend to both parties, Lara Buterskaya Romanian immigrant and the caught between two people kind of character ,finally Mr. Starnes he's the Dean at the school and there's somewhat of an understanding between alaska and him even though he's extremely stern. Overall this book made me feel nauseous from all the ups and down , and the getting out of a labyrinth (child you're too young for the labyrinth theory ) honestly I was confused at the end and I'm not saying don't read this book ,go ahead it might be something that you might end up loving. But as far as I'm concerned this one wasn't made for me and call me a big baby but we all need a happy ending whether it's in a book or in real life I will not settle for anything less I need my books to be something that every time I open puts a smile on my face and not in my shelf in the back . John green is an amazing author but this for me wasn't one of his finest .In end it's one of those book for me that I won't show off to my friends but rather just keep it locked up until I get maybe a sequel to the book called Alaska found , then maybe my bantering would tone down. Thank you again for viewing my blog my lovelies until tomorrow xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment